USRowing has announced its newly elected slate of officers for the board of directors. They were selected at a meeting last weekend.
New board chair and president is Nobuhisa Ishizuka, who is in his second term on the board. He was previously the board secretary.
Joe Manion, who is in his second term as the Mid-Atlantic regional representative, is the new secretary, while Matt Hughes, the Midwest regional representative, has been selected as the new treasurer. Ishizuka, Manion and Hughes have joined women’s vice chair Marcia Hooper and men’s vice chair Greg Benning on the board.
USRowing thanked Marcia Hooper, who has been the board chair for the past four years, for her outstanding leadership. The organisation also thanked outgoing board members Darlene Disney, Charlie Haight, Nick LaCava and Jamie Redman for their dedicated service to USRowing.
‘I’m honored and humbled by the confidence placed in me to lead this talented board,’ Ishizuka said in a statement. ‘It has come a long way under the leadership of Marcia Hooper. With the Tokyo Games around the corner and important initiatives underway, I look forward to working in partnership with CEO Amanda Kraus and her very hard-working team to meet the challenges ahead.’
Members of the newly seated board are:
- Nobuhisa Ishizuka – Chair, At-Large Representative
- Greg Benning – Male Vice Chair
- Kevin Harris – At-Large Representative
- Sara Hendershot – AAC Athlete Representative
- Marcia Hooper – Female Vice Chair
- Matt Hughes – Treasurer, Midwest Region Representative
- Joe Manion – Secretary, Mid-Atlantic Region Representative
- Meghan O’Leary – Female Athlete Representative
- Robin Prendes – AAC Alternate Athlete Representative
- Steve Shure – Northwest Region Representative
- Lisa Stone – Northeast Region Representative
- Jimmy Sopko – Male Athlete Representative
- Falesha Thrash – Southeast Region Representative
- Sheila Tolle – Southwest Region Representative