The other day, Worldrowing.com (FISA) announced a photo competition to support the Kafue River and Rowing Centre in Zambia.
Send World Rowing a photo showing how water is part of your life, donate CHF10 and you will have a chance to win CHF500. The prize money is donated by photographer, water activist and rower Steve McArthur of New Zealand. McArthur will match the donation with a 500 CHF contribution to the Kafue River & Rowing Centre.
Here is how you enter the competition: take a photo showing how water is a part of your life. Send it to World Rowing via direct message on Facebook (@WorldRowing), Twitter (@WorldRowing) or Instagram (@WorldRowingOfficial), or post it using #PhotosForKafue. Make a 10 CHF donation to Kafue through World Rowing website here.
Your photo has to be submitted on 2 November 2016 (midnight CET) at the latest.
The judges are Steve McArthur, Kafue Ambassadors and Olympian scullers Kim Brennan of Australia and Emma Twigg of New Zealand). The winner will be announced on 10 November 2016.
Here are the terms and conditions:
1. Photos become the property of FISA and may be used for promotional purposes.
2. To enter the draw you can be from anywhere in the world but you must not be a FISA staff member.
3. The winner will allow FISA to use his or her name and photo for promotional purposes.
4. The winner must have supplied a valid email address and be able to prove that he or she is the person who made the entry and donation.
5. FISA reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without notice.
6. The prize will be paid directly into a bank account so bank account details must be able to be supplied.
7. FISA will take no responsibility in the transfer of prize money.
8. The winner must indemnify FISA of any responsibility in the event of accident or injury that may occur during the time of taking the photo.