25 October 2021
The agenda papers for the 2021 World Rowing Ordinary Congress have been released and with them the candidates for the positions on the Executive Committee and Council. Elections will take place at the Congress to be held (virtually) on 6 November 2021 at 12:00 noon CEST.
Council and Executive Committee elections
The following positions on the Council and Executive Committee are due for election at the Congress:
- President – Candidate – Jean-Christophe Rolland (nominated by France)
- Vice President – Candidate – Tricia Smith (nominated by Canada)
- Treasurer – Candidate – Gerritjan Eggenkamp (nominated by the Netherlands)
Three positions on the Council as Chair of the newly created Commissions:
- Chair of the Coastal Rowing Commission (term until 31 December 2023) – Candidate – Guin Batten (nominated by Great Britain)
- Chair of the Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Commission (replacing the Women’s Commission, term until 31 December 2023) – Candidate – Jacomine Ravensbergen (nominated by the Netherlands)
- Chair of the Indoor Rowing Commission (term until 31 December 2023) – Candidate – Filip Ljubicic (nominated by Serbia)
In addition, Circular No. 5 of 2021 from 6 October announced the candidates proposed by the Council for the three positions of Council members on the Executive Committee. They are:
- Rosie Mayglothling, Chair, Competitive Rowing Commission (GBR)
- Eva Szanto, Chair, Event Commission (HUN)
- Patrick Rombaut, Chair, Umpiring Commission (BEL)
The Ordinary Congress brings together delegates from rowing’s member federations from around the world enabling them to participate and contribute to the major decisions needed for the organisation and running of the sport of rowing.
Annual reports, 2020 financial accounts and CVs of the candidates are presented in the agenda papers found here.